REAL ESTATE & BUSINESS NEWS
Gallery Flats, 66-unit apartment building in Loveland, sells for $11.2M
Construction Costs Rise for Apartment Projects
- "The cost of materials important to the construction of apartments rose 3.6 percent over the year that ended in September, according to the producer price index from the Bureau of Labor Statistics."
Home Sales Remained Sluggish in October
- "It would take just 3.9 months to exhaust the supply of homes on the market, the lowest October reading since 1999, the year NAR started tracking the data."
- "The supply shortage, in turn, is driving prices higher. The median price of homes sold last month rose to $247,000, up 5.5% from a year earlier."
- "Home sales are currently 'significantly below the potential of the market,' said Mark Fleming, chief economist at title insurer First American. He estimates sales should be more than 7% higher today based on easing credit standards, low interest rates, high employment and income growth."
Seven new restaurants coming to Fort Collins
Honolulu Poke Bar coming to Fort Collins and Johnstown
Where Could Amazon Build a Second Headquarters?
Amazon’s Cashierless Store Is Almost Ready for Prime Time
Inside the Wal-Mart vs. Amazon Battle Over Black Friday
- “The number of people visiting U.S. stores on Thanksgiving and Black Friday fell 4% from last year, according to RetailNext Inc., which analyzes in-store videos to count shoppers. Meanwhile, online sales increased 18% over that period, said software company Adobe Systems Inc., a shift that is forcing traditional retailers to adopt new tactics.”
Wal-Mart Posts Strongest U.S. Sales in Years, Powered by Groceries, E-Commerce
Target’s Sales Rise but Spending Pinches profit
Coming to Your Local Mall: Online Retailers Beloved by Millennials
Anadarko plans to invest $950M in Denver-Julesburg Basin of northeast Colorado during 2018
ECONOMIC & EMPLOYMENT NEWS
Bitcoin Is Creeping Into Real Estate Deals
U.S. Industrial Production Increased Strongly in October (1.3% one-month increase in October)
GOVERNMENT & INFRASTRUCTURE
Fort Collins wins coveted presidential award for performance excellence
Windsor Town Manager Kelly Arnold resigns
CDOT begins negotiations to build north I-25 express lanes
Denver to Boulder in eight minutes? Colorado will get first test track for a Hyperloop-inspired transportation system
Projects funded by Colorado tourism program give updates, and one has little to show
Tax Overhaul Bills Keep ‘1031 Exchange’ and Add Other Commercial Property Perks
COMMUNITY & EVENTS
Join Realities for Children at their FREE community event: Nightlights Tree Lighting Celebration on Friday, December 1st from 6-7pm at the First Presbyterian Church in Fort Collins – help take a child out of the darkness of child abuse by giving a nightlight here